Jan 14, 2011

It's about time...

for a master bedroom redo!

One of the things I wanted to get done this year (last year) was decorating the master bedroom. It has always been neglected in every house we have lived in. No one ever sees it so I never took the time to make it nice. But I really wanted to make it a room that I don't mind being in, not just a place where we sleep. I have been going to Goodwill pretty regularly to try and find some nightstands. Once I found those I figured that I would paint them along with the dresser my mom had given me. We after months and months of searching for nightstands I never found a set. Last week I was looking on Craigslist for nothing really and I came across a twin bed for L that had a matching dresser and two nightstands. The twin bed looks really similar to my bed. So I debated for a few days and then decided to buy the set. The dresser and nightstands match the bed in the master bedroom so it finished off the master bedroom. Getting the rest of the furniture inspired me to get the rest of the room together. 

Here is the before...



And the after...




I didn't have any extra money to spend after buying the furniture so I had to shop my house to pull it all together. Most of the stuff on the wall I had in the master bed room. I added the hanging plates over the bed from plated that were on the red hutch down stairs. My older sister gave me the curtains and don't laugh, but they are hung up there by 2 old batons and a few staples. It is called a mistreatment . One day I might buy a curtain rod, for now this works just fine. I still will keep looking for some accessories, probably some nicer lamps. I will repaint and add some foam and fabric to the chest at the end of the bed to make it look more like a bench. For now it is nice to walk into. It makes me happy. I asked B what he thought and he said it was nice and cute. :) One day I hope to actually use some money and buy things to make this room perfect, but again, for now this will do. I want to add in the pale blue grey of the bedding, slipcover the chair and lots of crisp whites to pull it all together. 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails