Jan 12, 2011

Home Tour...

Take a tour of our new house...


Walking through the front door.
I have plans to paint the cabinet and tweak it a bit, but for now this will do.
Right off the entry way there is a half bath, a closet and a laundry room.
I LOVE my new washer and dryer. They make doing laundry to quick and easy. Now I just need to find a laundry folding machine and we will be good.

The living room.
I like this space. It is so great to have a room that is kid and toy free. It almost always looks like this except for the mounds of laundry that pile up on the couch. Again I need a laundry folding machine. I am going to add some curtains or some kind of window treatment to the big window.
 I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
I have a love hate relationship with the fire place. I love the idea of it. It is pretty, decorating it for the holidays will be so fun. It will be a picturesque Christmas eve with a fire going but other than that I don't really care to much for it. It takes up valuable space. Space that would have been perfect for my piano (which is currently resting in  my little sister's living room for 2 years until I have space for it again). The big hole above the mantle is hard to decorate and really, who needs a fire place in the desert of Arizona?

The kitchen is my favorite. It is big and inviting. We are having Thanksgiving at my house this year and I am excited to have my mom, sisters and sister-in-law's over to cook in in the kitchen. The only minor glitch is the fridge... it is tiny. I am currently looking to replace it with something bigger.
One thing that had to be addressed as soon as we moved in was the big arcadia door. At night it turns into a big black whole from the inside, which creeps me out, and a big open peep show for the neighbors. Before we moved in I knew I was going to need to get big curtains for that window. I looked online  and check out a few fabric stores just in case I decided to make them. Either way it was going to be expensive. With that much yardage buying fabric was out of the question. So I started looking for curtains. I found these at the JC Penny home store for 60% off. yay! I really dragged my feet with them though. I bought them and almost took them back. I was afraid that people would think that plaid curtains were to country. But heck! I love them. They are so very me. And if "me" is a plaid country girl then so be it. I love my big plaid curtains :)

Up the stairs.
At the top of the stairs is the computer area. To the left is the kids bathroom. Although they prefer our bedroom. Probably because it has a pool aka a big tub.
Then there is the loft/playroom/family room/ preschool area. The kids trash this room everyday. I could care less, it is up stairs and I don't have to step over toys all day since it isn't the main living area.
Then there is B's room. He loves it. He is particularly proud of the "Radiator Springs" signs They are the traffic signs he picked out at Hobby Lobby. Soon we will be moving the white sleigh bed out of  his room and into Laine's room where it belongs. But that requires getting a new bed for B and getting L out of her crib. I am not ready to do either of those things so it will stay how it is for now.
Then there is L's plain room for now. Next spring when she graduates into a big girl bed we will decorate it more. Right now she could care less. 
Finally we have the master bedroom. It is full of boxes, unhung pictures and laundry.
 So we will save that for another day.





1 comment:

Shannon said...

Yea fireplaces can be tricky, esp in AZ when we only have two months maybe out of the year to use them!! Cute house!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails